Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Church Planter Looking for Used Equipment (Georgia)

A few months ago, I had the pleasure of e-meeting Chris Dorrity, a church planter in Millegeville, GA. His passion for sharing the gospel in his community was evident in our enjoyable conversation. I spoke with Chris again a few weeks ago, and the conversation was more sad than enjoyable.

Chris had been fundraising for awhile to purchase equipment for new church plant. Through various connections, he was able to purchase a used PCI System from a neighboring church that had moved into a permanent facility. Shortly after purchasing it, the trailer was stolen. Here’s what happened (in Chris’s words).

“…Once I purchased my equipment I drove the trailer to a local sign shop to have graphics applied. While my equipment & trailer was being worked on, someone pulled up, hitched their truck to & stole our trailer. The thieves were able to steal our trailer of equipment despite our locking systems. We spent everything we had to purchase the equipment. We now have no equipment and no leftover budget to purchase new equipment.

We have found other churches with great prices on used equipment, but we simply do not have the funds to purchase a second round of equipment. Do you know of any churches that have old equipment that they could donate to our church? I have faith that this church plant will be successful and will reach people for Christ – you can read more at mdponline.org and chrisdorrity.com.

We don’t care what kind of shape this used equipment is in, we just need equipment!”

Additionally – Chris wanted me to remind you that insurance is very important to have on your equipment! Chris was still in the process of getting the insurance settled when his trailer was stolen – make insurance a priority! And (from me) - make sure you have locks on the tongue & the back of the trailer - stop the thief in their tracks.

If you have equipment that you are not using for your portable church or you know of someone who does… please contact Chris at columbusreallife@yahoo.com. I'll keep you updated on Chris's story as I am able.

No comments: